Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I turn the corner and stare ahead,
A dormant house standing limped in front of me.
The sidewalks crooked, the lights are dim.
I make my way towards the door,
with red liquid splashing under my feet.

Through the living room,
Climb up the stairs,
Turn the door knob and there I stand.
Take my hands and claw at the floor.

Scraping across the wooden floor,
I hum a sing song tune.
With bloody fingers I raise it up,
My prized possession.

I close my eyes,
And run my fingers across your face.
I open my eyes,
And frown at the disappearing features.

No matter, darling.
I'll still keep you, my love.
I'll keep you safe.

2 comments:

  1. Would you please contact me at dwmetz@gmail.com. I would like to know if you would be at all interested in transferring your blog domain.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete